BY JIM AUSTIN
THE COOPERSTOWN CRIER
Mayor Joe Booan appointed Charles Hage to the board of trustees to fill the vacancy created when he was elected mayor.
There are two years remaining on Booan’s term. Hage will serve until March 31, 2011. Who serves the last year will be determined in next March’s election.
Hage is the father of Eric Hage, who completed his first three-year term on the board in March, but did not seek re-election.
``I want to thank the mayor and board of trustees for putting their trust in me. I hope to make a positive contribution to the community,’’ he said.
Booan appointed Hage to chair the Village Gateway Technical Committee. Other committee members include Joe Middleton of Bassett Healthcare and former NYS Assemblyman Tony Casale.
Hage is a former Director, Corporate Business Development, for Eastman Kodak Company in Rochester and a consultant in business development to high tech startup companies. He is currently a member of the management team of Mohican Financial Management in Cooperstown.
BY JIM AUSTIN
- Ruth Rathbun Druse RICHFIELD SPRINGS -- Friends and family of Ruth Druse are invited to a service of the Burial Office and Holy Communion at St. John's Episcopal Church, Main Street, Richfield Springs. The service will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, and will be officiated by the Rev. John Bartle.
- Milford softball clinches TV-East tie Five players had extra-base hits for host Milford, which overcame an early 3-0 deficit to clinch at least a tie for the Tri-Valley League East Division title with a 6-4 win over Worcester on Monday.
- Ann Catharine Casey NISKAYUNA -- A Memorial Service in Celebration of the Life of Ann Catharine Casey will be offered at 2 o'clock on Saturday afternoon, 11 May 2013, in Christ Church, Cooperstown, with the Rev'd Mark A. Michael, rector, officiating. The Committal Service and inurnment will follow in the Ecumenical Columbarium in the Church-yard at Christ Church.
- Elizabeth Jane Hathaway McManus FLY CREEK -- Mrs. Elizabeth Jane Hathaway McManus, age 80, passed away Saturday morning, April 27, 2013, at Otsego Manor.
- Theodore E. 'Ted' Lamb COOPERSTOWN -- Theodore E. "Ted" Lamb, a native of Cooperstown who will be remembered for his faithful devotion to his beloved village, died Friday morning, April 26, 2013, at his home on Linden Avenue. The husband of Celia B. Lamb, Ted was 80 years-old.
- Police: CV-S student made bomb threat A bomb threat overheard Tuesday morning by a student at Cherry Valley-Springfield Central School District led to the building being cleared and searched by state police starting at 9:30 a.m., state police at Richfield Springs said.
- Julius Earll Waller (Jerry) CHERRY VALLEY -- Julius Earll Waller (Jerry), 96, died peacefully March 27, 2013, at Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown, his family at his side.
- Milford Earth Fest becoming regional event
- Sports Roundup
- Defense, hitting strengths for Wildcats The girls have not played a game yet, but the Milford softball team already has a lot going for itself.
- More inactive Headlines